Salary: NQT / MPS
Hours: Full-Time, Permanent
Required for September 2018
Are you passionate about creating the best possible learning community for children and their families?
Our successful candidate will work to ensure high quality education and personalised learning for all its pupils to maintain high standards and achievement in all areas of the academy’s work.
"Pupils grow and flourish in the caring ethos that underpins all that the school does." Ofsted, January 2018
The role will include:
• Developing and maintaining a culture of high expectations of self and others;
• Leading and modelling a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all members of the learning community take responsibility for their own learning and are successful;
• Ensuring that planning takes account of, values and responds to, the school community at large, as well as wider local and national agendas;
• Working closely with other schools, promoting school-to-school support and challenge;
• Taking a professional role in the development of new technologies to enhance and extend the learning experience of all children in your class
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner, committed to their own professional development and that of others;
• Demonstrate a knowledge and capability of assessment, data interpretation and analysis;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills;
• Inspire and work effectively with pupils, parents, staff, governors, volunteers and members of the wider community;
• Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and a supportive team player;
• Be passionate about education and learning;
• Have high expectations of all children and staff and be committed to raising standards;
• Be supportive of our Christian ethos and church school status
The successful candidate will join a team that holds the following values in high regard:
• Every child will feel safe, secure, cared for and loved;
• Every child will make outstanding progress; and
• Every member of staff will become an outstanding practitioner.
We will offer you:
• The opportunity to work at an ambitious and ‘Good’ graded school by Ofsted (January 18);
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic children;
• Excellent CPD opportunities;
• A friendly, professional, supportive and hardworking staff team;
• Strong leadership and governance
• A Silver award winning Food for Life school, part of an international EPESS project with Erasmus+
This post is suitable for both NQTs and experienced teachers.
If you would like to be a part of our lovely school, then please come and meet us.
Visits to the school are encouraged, welcomed and essential!
To apply, please follow this link to our ETeach vacancy page.
Applications close at 9am on Friday, 16th March 2018
Newland St John's Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.